Bore Tech’s Patented CENTERFIRE, BOLT ACTION PATCH GUIDE
Bore Tech’s Patented CENTERFIRE, BOLT ACTION PATCH GUIDE features an industry exclusive, hands-free patch spiking system that eliminates the mess and hassle of correctly spiking patches. These guides dramatically simplify and expedite the cleaning process.
Simply lay a patch over the opening on the angled patch plate, wet the patch with cleaner and push your rod down the bore. The angled patch plate effortlessly spikes your patch, eliminating messy cleaners on your hands, gun stock and cleaning bench. The Patch Guide also alleviates the cumbersome patch spiking process on longer cleaning rods.
Each Patch Guide is designed to precisely align the cleaning rod with the rifle’s bore eliminating damage to both the firearm and cleaning rod. This is accomplished by the self centering, tapered rubber nose cone in the front and the extended barrel design in the rear of the guide. Simply put, the Patch Guide is a necessary tool for proper cleaning and protection of your rifle.
Additionally, the replaceable and solvent resistant molded rubber nosecones are soft enough to provide a superior, long lasting seal and completely prevent cleaners from leaking into the chamber and action areas.
Designed to fit both short and long actions, these guides feature an adjustable bolt collar that firmly locks in place via the threaded brass locking handle.
All Patch Guides feature high precision CNC machined and anodized aluminum components that will provide a lifetime of use. Each guide is color coded for easy caliber identification and will fit most popular centerfire Remington 700 style, bolt action rifles ranging from .17 to .416 calibers.
Color coded for easy caliber identification Bore Tech’s Bore Guides fit most popular centerfire, Remington 700 style, bolt action rifles ranging from .17 to .416 calibers.
|Gold||.17 - .25 Cal|
|Red||.25 - .30 Cal|
|Green||8mm - .416 Cal|
If you don’t see a Patch Guide that will fit your specific rifle, please contact Customer Service to inquire about our custom order Patch Guides.
Bore Tech Centerfire Patch Guide Use Instructions
1) Remove bolt as per manufacturer’s instructions.
2) Loosen the brass bolt collar handle and slide the rubber nosecone (front end) of the Patch Guide through the receiver until seated in the chamber.
*Lightly push on the Patch Guide to seat rubber nosecone in chamber.
3) Slide the bolt collar forward until the brass handle is aligned with the bolt handle recess. Rotate the brass handle downward into the bolt handle recess and tighten against the Patch Guide tube. At this point, the guide should not move forward or backwards.
NOTE: On rifles without a bolt handle recess, it may be necessary to remove the brass locking handle and slide the bolt collar forward until the threaded locking handle hole is visible in the ejection port. Reinsert the brass locking handle and tighten against Patch Guide tube to properly lock Patch Guide into action.
4) Position a dry patch of the proper size on the patch plate and apply cleaner or oil to the patch.
5) Push the rod forward catching or “spiking” the patch and proceed down the bore.
6) The patch plate also allows for application of cleaner to brushes.
7) To remove the Patch Guide from the action, loosen and rotate brass handle up and out of the bolt handle recess. Then pull Patch Guide and bolt collar back away from the chamber and out of the action
NOTE: For Actions with exposed bolt releases (e.g. Winchester Model 54) loosen the brass handle and leave the bolt collar in position. (The bolt collar depresses the bolt release keeping it from catching on the lip of the rubber nose cone.) While keeping the bolt collar stationary, pull the Patch Guide backwards until rubber nosecone butts up against bolt collar. Then pull both the bolt collar and Patch Guide out together as one assembly.